Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 8 Designing the Gameboard Box


Gameboard Box Ideas


Before we started creating our gameboard boxes, we browsed Google images for the necessities of a box and to spark some ideas. I liked how everything came together in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles box the most. I decided to model most of my gameboard box around this idea, where the main content is in the center of a city. 


The Monopoly board is classic. I thought about using a design similar to this one and incorporating the actual gameboard in with the box. Also, I like the way the title of the game is large. 


The Risk gameboard box also has the large title and the focal point is in the center. I thought about fading the city buildings and making the focal point the Mustang on my design.


The Big Foot gameboard box, although silly, incorporates people playing the game. This is a great way to show the ages of the targeted players visually. Also, I like how there are pictures on the right side of the box that show how to play the game briefly.


For the Clue gameboard box, I liked how the title was separated from the actual art. I thought about an approach like this, where I can use the different cars (gamepieces) on the box.



The final product. I had to add a jump ramp to make it look like the car was coming "out of the box". I decided to keep the title smaller in order to keep the attention on the car. Everything on the gameboard box besides the car and the title were drawn freehand in Adobe Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment