Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 4 Gameboard and Goose Drawing

Game Board Project

This week and part of last week I have been working on designing a Game Board in class. The project is based off of the board game that most popular games today were designed after: Game of the Goose. The Game Board has 63 spaces and most variations start on the outer part of the board and progress towards the center where you find the finish.



Game Board Variation 1

This is the first "rough" variation of the Game Board. At this time I had no theme in mind hence the colors. The spaces were originally rectangular but I decided to round off the edges on the tops of each space.



Game Board Variation 2

After sketching out more of the "rough draft" in variation 1, I started thinking about themes. For this Game Board, I was thinking of the theme where a lost dog was trying to find his way home. I decided to make the background green to resemble grass. Also, the spaces are supposed to resemble sidewalks and dirt. I changed the edges to be completely rounded all the way around.



Game Board Variation 3

This is my third variation to the Game Board. The theme for this Game Board is centered around a street race. Cars will be racing to the finish line, but will encounter multiple obstacles in their way. The colors were chosen to resemble the street and the lane dividers. The background is black because most street racing is done at night. 


While doing this project, I learned about utilizing the layers tool in Adobe Illustrator. My Game Board has multiple layers so that I can adjust the colors accordingly. For example, odd and even spaces are their own layer. Another layer is the numbers. Dividing the project into layers simplifies the customization of the element group.






Goose Drawing

I designed this drawing of a goose by tracing a photo that I found online. The goose is composed of multiple layers that lay over each other. Just by glancing at the drawing you can identify the layers simply by their color. The entire goose was composed with just the pen tool of Adobe Illustrator (hundreds of clicks).

No comments:

Post a Comment