Saturday, April 30, 2016

"Special Post" Senior Art Exhibit

Senior Art Exhibit


The senior art exhibit was pretty neat! I actually felt like I could relate to the art that was being shown. In the beginning of the semester, I visited Edyta Stepian's art show and I was clueless as to how her art was created. I am a computer scientist who has no background in art whatsoever. I learned how her art was made during her show and learned from it. The senior art exhibit was a bit different. There was some photography art as well as graphic art. 

One of the artists, Emma Healy, is inspired to create her art with her passion in life, swimming. Pictured below, Emma is able to stop the constant motion of water and create beautiful art with her photography. The light shining down on the water assists in the visibility of the bubbles in the water. 




The next artist I was able to relate to more. As I was walking up to view the art, I immediately knew what tools were used to create it (Adobe Illustrator). The artist, Thomas Schultz, wanted to create an informative visual piece of art to strike awareness of having high blood pressure. I was taught in my 16 weeks with Nathan Peck about info-graphics and how you need to balance visual art and text to accommodate the target audience. I believe Thomas does a tremendous job at it. He explains that he uses a vertically central composition with images and text describing it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment